Our physiotherapy clinic in New Westminster offers Manual Therapy, Acupuncture, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Joint Mobilization, Neuromuscular Re-education, Functional Dry Needling, Postural Ed and Exercise.
British Columbia is the healthiest and most active province in Canada (Statistics Canada, 2013). Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession dedicated to working with people to identify and maximize their ability to move and function throughout their lifespan.
Specifically, physiotherapists improve clients’ quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness
- Utilizing diagnostic and assessment procedures and tools in order to develop and implement preventive and therapeutic courses of intervention
- Preventing disease, injury, and disability
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline
Physiotherapy Helps in Many Ways
Many people think physiotherapy is only used for musculoskeletal (neck and back conditions). But the profession actually provides both preventative and rehabilitation treatment for an array of mobility issues, injuries and/or diseases. The following list is only some of the many different areas in which physiotherapy can help:
- Athletic Injuries
- Back pain
- Cardiovascular Conditions (including post heart attack, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and pneumonia)
- Chronic Pain
- Falls & Fractures
- High Blood Pressure
- Neck Pain
- Vestibular Disorders (dizziness)
Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems. The profession is committed to health, lifestyle and quality of life. This holistic approach incorporates a broad range of physical and physiological therapeutic interventions and aids.